Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Baptism

Yet another big day in my young life. I turned three weeks old and I was baptized into the Catholic church on Saturday! It was a great excuse to get the family and some friends together. I had a nice time being passed around and meeting new people.

The ceremony was quick and to the point but I decided to cry most of the time anyway. That was until the priest poured the water on my forehead. That helped cool me down for a little while (I thought the fall was suppose to be cold!) but then I started up again. Can't wait to hear myself on the video!

Afterwards there was a very nice party that my mom and grandmother, Mar, put together. I'm told there was a lot of yummy food and drink. I, of course, timed my nap perfectly to start just as the baptism ceremony ended and the party began. As I mentioned before, I met a lot of nice people including family members who I had not seen since I was born.


Finally, after a long day of ceremony and party, I took a little nap. Here I am on the couch in my baptismal gown. FYI - I'm now the 5th generation to wear this gown. It was first used by my great-great-grandfather 104 years ago! Pretty neat, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment