Sunday, September 13, 2009

Week One

Hard to believe it has been a week since I came into the world. I have to admit, it has been great!

Mom and dad are taking really good care of me. All of my needs are met - I have a bunch of new clothes, a great bed to sleep in, a fun swing to well, swing in and more.


Certainly not a quiet week for the family. I've been back to the hospital where I was born to get my birth certificate paperwork. Mom and dad will have to get the official certificate in a couple of months.


I also went to the doctor a couple of times. He's very good and seems to really care about my well-being.

My latest trick on mom and dad seems to have been foiled before it even started. I was really hoping to keep them guessing in regards what I was trying to say when I cried. Turns out, a lady at dad's work (thanks Stephanie) told him about the Dunstan Baby Language (http://www.dunstanbaby.com/) theory just before I was born. He and mom learned the words I am using in my early days and what they mean.


As a result, they know when I'm hungary, when I need burping, when I'm tired or need changing. While it seems to have kept them calm most of the time, I was hoping to have fun with that one for a long time. Oh, well. I'll just have to plan something else. ;-)


It appears I've been born into a family of shutterbugs. Both mom and dad like to take photos of me at almost anytime. I thought I had made it clear while in utero that I didn't want any papparazi pictures:













I know they mean well, me being their first child and all. I guess I can put up with it if I have to. Here's a nice picture of me at one week old:





So, now it's on to week two. Have to gain some weight and stay healthy. If I'm good, I'll even let mom and dad sleep a little. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment