Wednesday, September 9, 2009

BDay -1

The first thing you need to know about me, is that I like to play tricks on people.

It's September 4th, 2009 and I'm about to play my first trick on my soon to be parents.

See, they don't realize that, in just a little while, my mom's water will break and then I'll be born. So, I let them get up on this beautiful Friday morning and make plans for the day - even allowing dad to make a list of things he wanted to get done over the long Labor Day weekend. When I sensed him doing that, I knew it was the perfect time to strike. Seconds later, I was able to get mom up to the bathroom where she announced her water had indeed broken and early labor had started. So much for that 'To Do' list dad. :-)

They got all excited and started moving frantically around the house in preparations for my coming into the world. Here's where the second trick starts. Mom sat down and started timing her contractions. I let them happen pretty regularly for a number of hours until I thought it was time to slow things down. In the middle of the afternoon, dad finally asked mom if she had had a contraction recently and she said, "No!" She checked her contraction timer on her iPhone and realized she hadn't had a contraction in an hour and a half! Got ya mom! :-)

I was able to hold up the contractions while mom and dad went to the hospital at 5pm on the night of September 4th. For a while, it looked like they were going to have to cut mom open to get me out but I wasn't having any of that. I may like to play tricks, but this is serious stuff - me being born and all. Because I did such a good job with my second trick, the doctor gave mom some medicine to help bring the contractions back and there was nothing I could do about that from in here.

Phone calls were made and plans created for family to arrive in time for my birth. Now, while I may like playing tricks, I also love an audience. As soon-to-be family members came to visit mom, I heard them say how there were more family members from as far away as San Diego, Santa Barbara and New York City who wanted to see my big enterance. Well, if I was going to get the best bang for my buck, I knew I had to wait until Saturday the 5th. And wait I did....

No comments:

Post a Comment