Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Dentist Visit

Had my first visit to the dentist yesterday!
Turns out, I was born a little tongue-tied which means I could not fully extend my tongue. This has made it a little more difficult for me to breast feed and could have lead to problems when I got older - including speech issues and troubles licking ice cream.

Well, when mom and dad heard about the potential probem with ice cream, they jumped into action! Just kidding about the ice cream, but they did want to take care of the problem now in order to eliminate it as a potential problem.

We visited a pediatric dentist yesterday and the nice man snipped a very small (1mm) piece from under my tongue and it seems to have helped. It hurt for just a little bit but mom took good care of me and made it feel better.

The good news is I'm still gaining weight and this procedure will only help. I'm right at 7 lbs so I should be back to my birth weight by the middle of the week.

Happy Birthday wishes to my Uncle John!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the option for ice cream is back on the table as well as countless other things you'll need your tongue for!!
    Happy licking!!

    PS. Get used to crying at the dentist. I still do..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shouldn't be kidding about such a serious thing - ice cream licking is an extremely important action in our lives! Specially when gaining weight is a good thing :D

    ReplyDelete